KOOL CONTEST RULES
1) Employees and immediate family members of Hall Communications employees, employees of competing for radio stations and employees of participating contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
2) Call in contest winners with the correct answer to the DJ’s question or prompt win the prize designated in the contest. In the event a winner does not guess correctly, meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, DJ will take the next caller until a winner is determined.
3) Winners from Vermont must wait two days before picking up their prize at the station business office at 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT during regular business hours Monday-Friday between 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
4) Winners from New York must wait until the Wednesday after they win to pick up their prize at Perrywinkles Fine Jewelry at 75 Smithfield Boulevard, Plattsburgh, NY during regular business hours.
5) Winners must show identification to claim their prize. Prizes are held for 30 days and no prizes will be mailed.
6) Winners must wait 90 days before being eligible to win again on the same station. Persons deceiving Hall Communications in any way forfeit winnings.
7) Hall Communications reserves the right to limit each household to one qualifier and/or winner per contest and make prize substitutions when necessary. Station management reserves the right to amend contest rules at any time.
8) You must be 12 years of age or older to participate in a contest, though some contests may have special age and other entry restrictions.
9) Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must complete a W-9 when claiming their prize. The station will generate and mail the winner a W-2 and the winner is responsible for claiming the value of the prize as additional income on their Federal Income Tax return during the year they claimed the prize.
10) Hall Communications is not responsible if a listener is unable to get through on the telephone for a contest due to equipment malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Anyone who calls a studio line or enters a contest automatically grants Hall Communications permission to record and use their name, character, photograph voice and/or likeness in connection with the promotion of this or other contests and must waive any claim of royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.
11) General Contest Rules and rules for specific contests are available on station web sites or in hard copy form at our studios during regular business hours or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403.
On Friday September 22, KOOL 105 will give away a pair of tickets to see The Doobie Brothers at the Mohegan Sun Resort in Uncasville, CT on Friday night October 6, 2023. Overnight accommodations are included, but may not necessarily be at the resort, based on pricing and availability.
To win, you must listen to KOOL 105 for the music of The Doobie Brothers between Monday September 18 and Friday September 22. When the DJ plays a song by the group, they will open the studio phone lines and take caller #10 at (802) 863-1051 or 1-800-501-9565 to qualify to win. All qualifiers will go into the grand prize drawing on Friday afternoon September 22.
In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements or forfeits the prize, another caller will be awarded the prize. One qualifier per household. Odds of winning depend on the number of callers. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
No purchase necessary. Total value approximately $599.00 Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
KOOL 105 is giving away tickets to The 29th Annual National Street Rods show at The Champlain Valley Expo, happening September 15th, 16th and 17th over the air during morning drive Wednesday, Thursday and Friday September 13th – 15th. There will be one winner chosen each day for a four pack of tickets valid for any of the three days. Winners will listen for the cue to call and caller number 10 will be chose as the winner. Tickets must be picked up at 70 Joy Drive South Burlington Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4pm. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply
WKOL is giving away tickets to “Dancing With The Burlington Stars” at the Flynn Theater on Sunday, September 17th over the air on September 6th, 7th and 8th. When listeners hear the cue to call the designated caller will be selected as the winner. The chances of winning depend on the number of callers. One pair will be given out each morning. Tickets can be picked up at 70 Joy Drive South Burlington Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 4pm. All Hall Communications General Contest Rules apply. For General Contest rules visit wkol.com
To enter, stop by the Hall Communications booth any day during the Champlain Valley Fair in Essex Junction, Vermont. Place a “Casino Chip” on your favorite NFL team represent it on the table. Booth operator will spin the wheel. If the wheel lands on the same position that you placed your chip you qualify to win the grand prize tailgating package consisting of a Weber Charcoal Grill, a box of McKenzie meat, and a variety of to-be-determined official NFL merchandise with the winner’s choice of team logo. Grand prize package estimated at $499.99. Grand prize winner will randomly be drawn from all qualifiers, and contacted within a week of the conclusion of the contest. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of qualifiers. Fairgoers may qualify more than once to win the grand prize. There is no age restriction to play the game. Grand prize winner has 30 days from the date they were notified to claim their prize at Hall Communications, 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403. Prizes will not be mailed. If winner chooses not to claim prize for any reason, or fails to collect their prize with the 30-day limit, an alternate winner will be randomly drawn. The grand prize winner must be a resident of Vermont or New York. Force Majeure: if the Hall Communications booth is forced to close due to severe weather, the game will resume upon reopening of the booth. If the Champlain Valley Fair is forced to permanently close prior due to Sunday September 3, winner will eb chosen at random from all entries received up to that point. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply. Obtain a hardcopy at, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to, Hall Communications, 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT 05403. Contest runs August 25 through September 3. Winner will be announced September 5. No purchase necessary.
KOOL 105 is giving listeners the chance to own “Barbie” on digital.
To win, listen to KOOL 105 Monday August 28 through Friday September 1 between 6am-10am, or 3pm-7pm to identify what’s in “Barbie’s Toy Box”.
The announcer will play an audio clip of a famous toy and ask listeners to call 802-863-1051 or 1-800-501-9565 to identify the toy. The first caller to correctly identify the toy will win a digital copy of the 2023 Warner Brothers movie “Barbie”.
All winners must have a valid email address. Digital codes will be emailed to all winners no later than Tuesday September 5.
In the event the winner does not meet eligibility requirements or forfeits the prize, another caller will be awarded the prize.
One winner per household.
Odds of winning are 1-in-10. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
No purchase necessary. Total value $24.99. Must be 18 years of age to participate. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
WKOL’S Pro Football Pick ‘Em Contest runs during the NFL’s 18-week regular season (at time of publication of these rules, stated as 9/7/2023 – 1/7/2024, although subject to change depending on the will of the National Football League).
To play, participants must begin by logging onto WWW.WKOL.COM and creating an account under the “Pro Football Pick ‘Em” contest website. All participants who register for the contest prior to the first game kicking off on Thursday September 7 will be eligible to win a $250 gift card to The Burger Bar, 831 College Parkway, Colchester. Winner will be chosen at random from all entries received, including those received from other Hall Communications stations in Burlington, VT. During each week of the NFL season, players will then need to sign in to their account and pick the winners of each game from the slate of matches that week. Picks must be completed prior to the kickoff of each game Thursday-Monday. Any game not picked by kickoff will result in a ‘loss’ of that game.
The player with the most correct picks each week will go into the grand prize drawing of $500 at the end of the regular season. If there is a weekly tie, both of those players will advance to the grand prize drawing.
The grand prize winner will be drawn randomly from all weekly WKOL winners, as well as the WKOL player with the most points from all combined weeks. The winner will be announced and contacted no later than five days following the end of the regular season. To be eligible to win the grand prize drawing, you must not have won a prize from WKOL in the 90 days prior to the winning announcement. In the event a winner does not meet eligibility requirements or forfeits, a new winner will be drawn from the qualifiers until one is determined.
If the National Football League regular season is ended prematurely, Hall Communications will randomly pick a grand prize winner from all weekly winners to that point. If the National Football League regular season is extended past January 7, 2024 for any reason, this contest will remain open until the completion of what the league has determined “the regular season” to be.
Grand Prize valued at $500. No purchase necessary. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply. See more contest rules here.
No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, you must not have won a prize from WKOL in the last 90 days. Contest Period: 5/24/23-9/20/23. To enter, listen to KOOL 105 weekdays between 6-10am for the DJ prompt to call the studio at (802) 863-1051 or (800) 501-9565. Correctly choose which position the wheel of meat will land on to win. A total of 15 McKenzie Country Classics ultimate grilling packages will be given away during the contest period, one each week, with an estimated retail value of $55. In the event the caller does not meet eligibility requirements or forfeits the prize, another caller will be taken until the prize is awarded. One winner per household. The prize is non-transferrable, is not redeemable for cash and no prize substitutions will be made. Winner has 30 days to claim their certificate. Winners must contact McKenzie Country Classics at 802-864-4585 to order their Box of meat at least one day before attempting pick up. Unclaimed certificates remain station property. All Hall Communications general contest rules apply.