Celebrate Hinesburg Fire Association’s 75ht Anniversary with these events:
- 4-9pm Book Sale at Town Hall
- Independence Day Parade and Hinesburg Fire Association’s 75th Anniversary.
- 9am – 2pm Book Sale at Town Hall sponsored by Carpenter Carse Library.
- 10am – Parade assembly begins at bottom of Buck Hill Rd. West & Rte. 116.
(Please note Route 116 is closed 10:45am – 12pm)
- 10:30am – Judging of parade entries.
- 11am – Parade starts at bottom of Buck Hill Rd. West & Rte. 116, follows through village, turning onto onto Mechanicsville Rd., ending at Post Office. 12pm
- Book Sale resumes and runs through 2pm.
- 11am – 3pm Celebrate the 75th Hinesburg Fire Association with a “Mingle at the Hinesburg Fire Station” with visiting fire apparatus on display, color guard, department presentations, cake, cold drinks, historical displays, family activities & food vendors.
- 10am – Trails Committee will host a hike that will start at Town Hall and proceed to the Russell Property up to the Overlake Trail and back. George Dameron of the Trails Committee and Professor of History at St. Michael’s College will lead the hike and historical discussion.
- 1pm – Great Vermont Barn Dance hosted by Rik Palieri. Don’t miss this live performance being streamed from Town Hall, featuring Hungrytown, Green Mountain Volunteers, story tellers Rick Cedallos and Bill Torrey, plus a surprise or two!
- 3-7 pm- Farmer’s Market / Craft Fair behind the Fire Station on the green.
- 5:30pm – BBQ hosted by Dee P.T.
- 6:30pm – Vermont 40th Army Band to perform behind HCS.
Tuesday 7/3 ~ Hilly Hobble Foot Race
- Registration for Hilly Hobble Foot Race begins at HCS.
- 6:30pm – 10k start at bottom of Buck Hill Rd. West & Rte. 116.
- 7pm – 5k start at bottom of Buck Hill Rd. West & Rte. 116.
- 7:10pm – Kid’s 2k starts at Veteran’s Park, next to Good Times Cafe.
Race finishes at Veteran’s Park and prizes are awarded.
- 10am – Firecracker Scramble Golf Tournament at Cedar Knoll Golf Course.
- 2-8pm – Hinesburgh Public House’s July 4th Picnic on the Lawn with Beach Volley Ball behind the Pub and MUSIC!
- 2:30-3:30pm Rodney Putnam
- 3:30-5:30pm Insiders
- 6:30-8:30pm Tenderbellies
Serving burgers, sausages, and ribs, beer, wine, and non-alcoholic drinks.
Dunking Booth, games for kids, and free ice cold watermelon
Dusk – Fireworks behind HCS. Food vendors and Sisters of Anarchy Ice Cream available in parking lot.
2018 Theme – United We Stand
Grand Marshals – Stan Bissonette, Mike Hart, Paul Emmons, George Palmer & Brad Wainer